04 May 2010

sweetheart I'm tellin' you

Today I editioned my last edition before semester projects end and summer projects begin. (Up next: PAINT!) Seeing my work from the past four or so months all laid out was both underwhelming and satisfying. I wish I had had more time: I wish I had done so much more. And yet... standing there, looking down on my eight precious editions, I felt like I made something that represented me as an artist. All I could think was, "I did it!". And then I ate my weight in pizza.
Today was also my last day with access to a press for a few months, and I have to say I'll miss it. As much as I love painting and can't wait to start on all of the projects I pushed back all semester, I'll miss printing. A lot. In the mean time, I've got my work cut out for me.

Happy Summer!


Important news: If you're in the Rochester, NY area this weekend, there are some amazing openings you should check out during First Friday: Jen Burger, Luke Shaw, Macie McGowan. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Also, Eva Xie has some beautiful work in University of Rochester's Art and Music Library, opening Thursday, May 6 4:30-6:30pm. Her work will be on display as a part of First Friday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment