11 May 2010

And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough

Not having my camera is so difficult right now!

Today I spent 10 hours in a car moving half of my earthly possessions from one place to another with Judd Nelson (also known as CrocodileMD):

It was incredibly fun. 
Fun enough that I feel like we definitely need to share the secrets to our road trip success:

Top 5 road trip tunes:
Johnny Cash- any/all
O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack
Beastie Boys- License to Ill
Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire- The Swimming Hour
The Cranberries (there is absolutely nothing better than yodeling along to Dreams in a Ford Focus in traffic in the somewhat great state of Ohio!)

Top 5 road trip stops and snacks:
Something sweet: after a beautiful last evening in NY spent with great friends, pie, ice cream, and our beloved Twin Peaks we decided eating a box of Tim Horton's donuts was more than necessary
Something salty: the worse the better. we choose Cheez-Its
Something caffeinated: copious amounts of coffee and frozen coke
Something real: stopped at Panera for a slightly less-processed, salad-based dinner
Something else: onion rings. glorious onion rings.

5 things I wish we had:
GPS/wifi
Snoop Dog: live, via GPS voice, or via MP3
a little more leg room
Mountain Dew and/or Dr. Pepper slurpees
fresh, road side cherries (one of my all-time favorite things about driving up north in the summer!)
personal masseuse(s)

Enjoy! I'd love to hear about your road trip favorites/rituals/etc. In the mean time, I'm enjoying my respite and commencing painting as soon as I'm unpacked. I can't wait! Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment