09 January 2009

2009!

Sometimes it's hard to remember that a fresh new year has started when there's gray snow on the ground and the sun hasn't come out for days. To focus on all of the exciting things the new year brings, I've compiled a list of things I want to do more, look at more, blog about, practice, and just plain cool stuff:


pin cushions-

 like this one from etsy's pixiefashions

swedish cookies (pepparkokar), IKEA, and pretty much anything swedish is a current obsession

playing with my food- like lego block candies- instructions found on instructables



head bands- 

I just got a new hair cut.. so i'm crocheting the head band below from a pattern on www.creativeyarn.blogspot.com

crocheting- a switch from knitting, and so much easier to transport! (probably because my projects are simple..)

baking- I'm venturing out from my cupcake-standbys (which are really more fun to decorate than to make!) to more adventuresome dishes like pies and a zucchini bakes

physics and math as guilty pleasures- 

biology coloring books

letterpress invitations (like etsy's pistachio press)

mustaches (like etsy's neawear's needlework jewelry)

illustrations from my mom's old cooking books




Feel free to post YOUR favorite things of 2008 or your goals/resolutions/loves for 2009! Hope you enjoyed my list!

3 comments:

  1. Ah thanks for mentioning my pin cushion and for the info on the crocheting. I just started crocheting again and I need some hair bands.Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blog land :) Looking forward to reading more on here an checking out your shop.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete