18 June 2010

Soy su futuro ex novio(a)



I've been trying to inundate myself with pattern, delicacy, and intricacy: lace, henna, embroidery, skeletons, cross sections, and knitting. I'm close to what I want, I just have a few connections to make before I can get there. During this process, I ran across Vasco Maurao's work, shown below:




intricate, repetitive, obsessive, compositionally interesting, and hand-made (no computers!). I really like a lot of things about this work.

I attempted to contact him in Spanish today. Yikes. My conjugation skills are atrocious and my vocab has nearly slipped away. So I ended up saying things like: I go crazy for the drawings of yours! to get around all of the things I've forgotten.. which means it's time to break out the Rebelde y Belinda and brush up!

check out his Vasco Mourao's work here and there

No comments:

Post a Comment