10 March 2010

I really think so

I like the complementarity between and Gordon Matta-Clark (b/w)  Tadashi Kawamata (color photos)








































I think I can officially say that I find photography endlessly fascinating. Although it's not "my thing", I find successful photography absolutely mesmerizing, and the conceptual uses and applications are themselves interesting. 

Like Gordon Matta-Clark: most of his pieces exist only as photographs but they're not just documents- they're objects within themselves. The compositions are just as interesting (to me) as the sculptures he created, and the act of making these carefully crafted images became a work in itself. He is definitely one of my favorites. 

Plus, he loved puns, and I love puns... (I am dating a comedian, after all)

No comments:

Post a Comment